We all agree that tiles are a predominant aspect of bathroom design, whether bathroom floor tiles or ones meant for walls. Because of this, you must choose them carefully. Choices for the best tiles for bathroom are available in various sizes, colors, forms, and styles. This article lists some of the best tiles for bathroom floors and walls. We also included the pros and cons that accompany it to guide you in your choices further.
1. Best Tiles for Bathroom: Ceramic Tiles
These tiles are made of clay, water, and minerals and cooked in a kiln. Ceramic tiles come in various designs and hues but can be porous and delicate if left unglazed. Because of their moisture-resistant and easy-to-maintain characteristics, ceramic tiles are a popular alternative to bathroom floor and wall tiles. In summer, these bathroom tiles keep the floor cool; in winter, they keep it warm.
- Ceramic toilet tiles are versatile.
- They are easy to clean.
- They are very long-lasting
- When wet, they’re a little slick. To minimize slipping, use a bath mat on the floor.
- They are pretty hefty.
2. Best Tiles for Bathroom: Terracotta Tiles
In the bathroom, terracotta bathroom floor and wall tiles create a pleasantly old-world feel. They are constructed of red clay and work well in both traditional and rustic bathrooms. These tiles stand out because of their aesthetic appeal and earthiness; you’ll often see red clay designs in Mediterranean-style homes. To prevent damage to the tiles, you must seal them every two years during maintenance.
- Mold and bacteria can’t grow on them
- Unlike ceramic, which is cold when touched, terracotta feels warm
- Extremely long-lasting. Proper maintenance will lead you to enjoy terracotta tiles for many years.
- This is a fantastic choice for achieving a rustic look in your bathroom.
- They are porous and absorb water quickly and hence, must be sealed every few years
- A lot of upkeep is needed
3. Best Tiles for Bathroom: Porcelain Tiles
These tiles are comparable to ceramic ones but are durable and more robust due to their high density. This material is also more substantial and scratch-resistant than ceramic since it is manufactured at higher temperatures. It is a popular material for bathroom floor and wall tiles because it is less porous and has better water resistance. These porcelain tiles come in many styles, so you’ll have no trouble picking the appropriate one for your bathroom.
- These tiles are of high quality and can boost the value of your property.
- Cleaning them is very easy.
- It is scratch-resistant, moisture-resistant, and stain-resistant.
- They don’t fade even after heavy use over the longer term.
- Because these toilet tiles are tough to cut, this is not a DIY project; you’ll need to hire an interior designer for their installation.
- When wet, they’re pretty slick.
4. Best Tiles for Bathroom: Limestone Tiles
Limestone tiles are composed of calcium carbonate salt, a natural mineral. They are perfect for any bathroom decor because they have many designs and colors. Limestone’s visual attractiveness is one of the reasons for its popularity in modern bathrooms. Limestone gives the bathroom floor an earthy and warm tone. Limestone will last for many years if properly
sealed. Regarding installation, you may entrust the task to professionals because limestone tiles are pretty hefty.
- Extremely long-lasting
- Limestone, if properly sealed, will survive a long time without deterioration.
- The tile chips can be removed and replaced when a chip or break happens.
- This is one of the cheapest bathroom tile selections for individuals who appreciate natural materials.
- In comparison to marble, it has medium durability.
- Installation is complex and time-consuming.
5. Best Tiles for Bathroom: Mosaic Tiles
These bathroom floor tiles can be constructed using tile, stone, and glass. But the small size and lovely patterns set these tiles apart. They are also extremely durable. Mosaic tiles are highly resistant to water damage and can last for decades. They provide modern bathrooms with a touch of beauty and style.
- Designs, patterns, and colors are incredibly adaptable.
- Mosaic is less expensive to install than ceramic or marble.
- These tiles are simple to clean and resistant to damage due to cleaning chemicals.
- Mosaic tiles are more vulnerable to damage because of their tiny size
- Mosaic bathroom floor tiles are prone to cracking, significantly if heavier items are dropped on them
6. Best Tiles for Bathroom: Marble Tiles
The beauty of marble tiles is undeniable. Because these natural stone tiles come in various hues and designs, all marble tiles are unique. Multicolored marble bathroom tiles have lovely
aesthetic qualities that may match any bathroom design. Marble’s waterproof properties make it a suitable choice for bathroom floor tiles. These nonslip marble floor tiles are ideal for bathrooms that exude sophistication.
- Marble tiles provide elegance to bathroom design.
- Because these tiles are so versatile, you may mix colors to create an appealing color scheme.
- They have a very appealing appearance, with each marble tile having a vein-like design that makes it unique and striking.
- Marble is porous and hence must be thoroughly sealed during installation.
- Because it is easily chipped and cracked, keeping extra tiles available in case you need to repair any would be a great idea.
- Like other stone tiles, marble has a soft and hard side. Because its structure is prone to denting after prolonged usage, ensure that the tiles are firmly sealed during installation.
- Marble costs more than other types of natural stone tiles.
7. Best Tiles for Bathroom: Glass Tiles
Glass tiles are a unique way to make your bathroom stand out. These toilet tiles can be stained in various tones and shapes to produce authentic designs. The most appealing feature of glass tiles is their aesthetic appeal. Many customized styles are available to match the design of your modern or traditional bathroom.
- Since glass tiles are translucent and come in various hues, they make a fantastic choice for bathroom wall tiles.
- With a single wipe, dirt, and stains can be removed.
- Resistant to mold and mildew growth.
- Glass tile installation is not a DIY project, so you might leave it to the pros.
- When wet, they’re a little slick. For the best results, use them as bathroom wall tiles.
8. Best Tiles for Bathroom: Slate Tiles
Slate is another natural stone material for tiles that is durable and appealing. Metamorphic rocks are carved into flat shapes to create these tiles. Slate is a fantastic option for your bathroom floor and walls if you are looking for distinctive and long-lasting tiles.
- Extremely long-lasting and hard-wearing.
- Waterproof and resistant to dents, scratches, and scrapes.
- Slate is a low-maintenance material; it only takes a short sweep with a damp towel or mop.
- Slate tiles have a rough texture, making them excellent anti-slip bathroom floor tiles.
- They don’t appear dirty quickly, especially if you use grey tiles.
- When compared to synthetic tiles, they are expensive.
- We recommend standing barefoot on slate tiles for a short time.
How can Floors Touch help you?
Did you find these bathroom tile materials inspiring? With an array of choices based on your style, budget, and needs, you have plenty of options. Floors Touch can also help you choose lovely bathroom tile ideas for your home. You only need to schedule an online consultation with our design professionals to receive high-quality interiors.